Media contact: Caroline Manning, 214.520.3930, Caroline.Manning@taca-arts.org
TACA'S 47TH ANNUAL CUSTOM AUCTION GALA
HITS NEW HIGH IN SUPPORT OF
NORTH TEXAS ARTS ORGANIZATIONS
DALLAS, Texas — September 26, 2012 — On September 21, guests wined and dined at the TACA RBC Wealth Management Custom Auction Gala, a part of Proscenium, presented by ALON USA and hosted by Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. This year, the 47th anniversary of TACA's black tie gala sold out, and the auction exceeded all expectations.
More than 325 guests attended the highly successful extravaganza benefiting the performing arts in North Texas. The TACA RBC Wealth Management Custom Auction Gala was chaired by Nicholas Even and Jacquelin and Phillip Taylor. Honorary Chairmen were Lynn and Allan McBee.
Co-Chairman Jacquelin Taylor spoke for everyone in attendance when she said, "Friday night was beautiful, warm, delicious, fun, energetic, happy and most importantly of all...a great evening for TACA. Nick, Phillip and I are so proud of how Dallas came out to support the performing arts."
Executive Chef Bruno Davaillon and the Mansion culinary team began the evening with passed appetizers that included Smoked King Salmon with Crème Fraiche and Pickled Shallot on Pumpernickel, Seared Lamb Loin Carpaccio with Harissa and Mint, Smoked Gouda Grilled Cheese with Peach Jam and Summer Melon Gaspacho. The first course featured Short-Rib Ravioli with Carrot Reduction, Pickled Shallot and Arugula followed by Wild Striped Bass on Artichoke Composition with Black Olives and Basil Gribiche.
After dinner, guests convened in the ballroom for champagne and miniature desserts by Mansion Pastry Chef Nicholas Blouin including Peanut-Butter and Jelly Cake, Pecan Coffee Opera, Verrine Exotic, Lemon Strawberry Macaron and Guanaja Chocolate Cake.
The exclusive, one-of-a-kind live auction chaired by Wanda Gierhart, and held immediately after the dessert reception raised a record-breaking $194,000. Andrea Fiucyznski, President of Christie's Los Angeles, kept the crowd raising their hands and paddles.
- Four will travel to "The Other Wine Country" visiting two magnificent Rosewood Hotels & Resorts properties in Northern California
- "The Grammy Awards Weekend" was the evening's hottest package; one couple will attend the 55th annual awards ceremony and the after parties, wearing jewels from Erica Courtney.
- Four friends will travel to New York for Fall 2013 Fashion Week where they will join Neiman Marcus Fashion Director Ken Downing for the Jason Wu runway show and backstage meet-and-greet
- Chef Kent Rathbun was on hand to encourage the bidders for his eight-person "Dine-Around" culinary tour; bidding was so energetic, Chef Rathbun tripled the package!
- Once again, The Mansion Wine Cellar Dinner was popular, this year with esteemed playwrights Will Power and Enda Walsh.
Guests continued their evening, dancing to the tunes of Atlanta band, Az-Izz.
Title Sponsor Proscenium: ALON USA
Title Sponsor Custom Auction Gala: RBC Wealth Management
Proscenium Host Sponsor: Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek
Official Airline: American Airlines
Valet Sponsor: Sewell Automotive Companies
Event Partner: Todd Events
Media Sponsors: PaperCity Magazine and MySweetCharity
Diamond Sponsors: Sewell Automotive Companies
Platinum Sponsors: Simona Beal, Diane and Hal Brierley, Dallas Southwest Osteopathic Physicians, Inc., Haynes and Boone, LLP
Gold Sponsors: Shannon Brame, Faye C. Briggs, Marsha Cameron and Mike Halloran, Nancy and Clint Carlson, Barbara and Don Daseke, Gwen and Leldon Echols, Michele and Stephen Vobach, and Donna Wilhelm